Why video is important in the digital marketing space?HexRowAdminLogin
The Digital era is the moving factor for the modern world, anything and everything is connected with the digital/online world. If you are out of the trend then assume you are out in the competition. People have started making use of the technology and the related online items for their business progress. We would like to highlight one example for the people who are still in doubt about these things.
Let’s consider an example some 15 years back where we have a department store towards the end of the street, This shop serves all the household needs of the surrounding areas, at that time the way to expand the business was to increase the shop area of the current store, open one more store towards the other end of the street or open a new shop in the next street or the next city. Again how did they convey about offers or specials in their stores, it was done with the help of Radio Ads, Newspapers, Hoardings, offer leaflet to the existing customers. Then also the coverage is limited. But in today’s scenario, the reach of social media is so vast that a company in the USA can sell products in Asia. The only limitation is your thoughts. The boundary is well expanding and the result depends on how well we utilize the available options and plan it.
There are various methods to approach online marketing today, but in today’s context and in this question we are trying to answer about the importance of the VIDEOS in digital marketing space.
Generally, the factors are Trust building, Customers can understand easily a video better than an image or a big write up, People are interested in seeing a video, the new generation consumes more video content than text/images. All of the present generations have access to the internet and this needs more video consumption.
From Traditional Video Cassette/Television we have moved to YouTube, Snapchat, Vimeo, and even Facebook Live which all has the video as the backbone. Video marketing provides marketers with an attractive, versatile, and extremely shareable medium to reach their audiences. And also
- Merely mentioning the word ‘video’ in an email subject line, the click-through rate increased by 13%.
- Nearly 50% of all video is watched on a mobile device. It is easier to watch and can carry around.
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- 82% of users see video content on twitter. They get more engagement.
- A video uploaded with the right keywords gets more attention among people and they also share it easily.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on Youtube each day.
- Youtube has more than a billion users as of today.
- Viewers retain about 95% of the matter that they learn on a video compared to 10% when reading it on the text.
- Videos on Facebook increase end-user engagement by 33%.
- Embedded videos can increase traffic on a website by 55%.
- Video can increase landing page conversions by 80%.
- Video drives an increase of 157% in organic traffic.
- 50% of the videos are watched on mobile devices.
- 85% of the videos on Facebook are watched without audio, so adding captions can make a visual impact on the video among viewers.
So here are some of the points that we thought would be helpful in deciding on spending for a marketing video. We can help you to make a decision.
There is no point in spending without a plan.
Plan your digital strategy where are the customers, who are the customers, what is the amount et aside for marketing, which medium to use, how much time is there for lead generation – Yes, all these depend for the best marketing. In short Plan and decide a marketing plan.
Success is yours.
Contact us for any kind of clarification/decision making. We are always ready for help.